Senior VMware Cloud Engineer
The Senior VMware Solution Engineer will help drive the consumption of OSHEAN cloud based services. The role will be to collaborate with members to understand their needs and develop and implement solutions that effectively leverage OSHEAN Cloud services. For example, the concept of Disaster Recovery in the cloud is one of the driving reasons for members moving to the cloud. The role will be to engage with members to devise a cloud disaster recovery plan that is specific for each organization. The process of devising a DR plan starts with identifying and prioritizing applications, services and data, and determining for each one the amount of downtime that’s acceptable before there’s a significant business impact. Priority and required recovery time objectives (RTOs) will then determine the disaster recovery approach. The role will be collaborating tightly with Enterprise Architects to ensure originating architecture choices are fully understood in scope and capability. The individual will drive designs through various technical resources including managed service providers and network engineers. Integrated solution designs will need to be tightly planned and coordinated with other network architects for a complete end-end solution.
• Development of solutions designs, implementation strategies, and project execution of cloud based data center related technology and services.
• Lead the definition, development, and changes to SOP (standard operating procedures) and/or policies associated with the new cloud based solutions.
• Serve as a POC and escalation point for the project for infrastructure implementation strategy, plans, issues, and risk identification and management.
• Drive and resolve technical implementation issues as they surface through the project life cycle.
• Liaise with Strategic Partners for solution delivery and support.
• Support strategic business initiatives including support of service transition processes. Lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive higher efficiency and performance of cloud based data center services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience implementation and managing data center infrastructure in a highly virtualized environment.
• Excellent knowledge of physical/virtual server, storage, backups, disaster recovery, and networking concepts and fundamentals is required.
• In-Depth knowledge of hypervisors (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V)
• Experience with vCloud Director and VMware design with transformation to the cloud
• Experience with Storage component such as NetApp and EMC
• Customer facing experience with technical consulting on virtualized, disaster recovery and cloud based solutions
• NSX experience
• Experience with replication products such as Veem and Zerto
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience in the development of departmental strategies, goals, policies and standards for data center services.
• Experience in establishing, implementing and maintaining the processes and procedures needed to effectively leverage enterprise Cloud services.
• Experience in managing an environment with a wide range of computing configurations with an eye towards leveraging cloud based services where appropriate integration.
• Good all-round understanding of server and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management, and Secured Hosting / Cloud services
• VMware Certification Professional (VCP)
Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field strongly preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to Melanie Turcotte’s attention at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6946 Post Road, Suite 402, North Kingstown, RI 02852.
OSHEAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer