OSHEAN Network Operations Center - 1-877-390-4563
The OSHEAN Network Operation Center IS TIGHTLY INTEGRATED WITH THE SERVICE OFFERING OF THE GLOBALNOC. THE FOLLOWING services ARE EXCLUSIVELY OFFERED TO OSHEAN Members:
- Service Desk Support will serve as the first point of contact and communication for network management (24x7x365). All requests, trouble reports, and alerts associated with Wide Area Network (WAN), POPs, nodes, and circuits will pass through the Service Desk, who will coordinate support and track issues through to resolution. Other Service Desk responsibilities include initial triage, problem assessment, customer notification, and incident escalation.
- The network operation center will proactively monitor all network elements and services using the monitoring tools that are most effective for multi-layer networking. The staff will create trouble tickets to track and coordinate network alerts across the infrastructure, in addition to engaging engineering groups, infrastructure providers, or equipment vendors to help resolve problems.
- The service desks will follow the steps of the problem management cycle:
- a. Problem alert
- b. Verification and identification
- c. Documentation
- d. Escalation
- e. Notification
- f. Facilitation
- g. Post resolution wrap up.
- Develop, follow, and maintain proper change management processes:
- a. Establish maintenance windows
- b. Implement an agreed-upon change request process
- c. Establish change approval requirements
- d. Set scheduling requirements
- e. Determine customer notification requirements, including post-maintenance
- Provide network reports of usage summary and network availability statistics.
Additional NOC Services:
The NOC will provide additional services at the request of OSHEAN members.
- Provide managed network services (MNS) routers.
- Allocate IP address net-blocks.
- Primary, secondary and tertiary Domain Name Services.
- Firewall and filtering.
Trouble Ticket Procedures:
A ticket can be opened by calling the OSHEAN NOC at 1-877-390-4563, by emailing the OSHEAN NOC at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a ticket here